Faulty wiring isn’t just an annoyance, it can be fatal. Each year thousands of homes are destroyed by fires caused by faulty electrical wiring, but there’s a way for you and your family to be safe! At JDV Electric, we’ve been your trusted local electrician in the Lansdowne area since 2005. Our expert staff is fully background checked and 100% drug tested so you can be sure you’re getting the utmost professional and trustworthy service when we come into your home.
Still not convinced we’re the right team for you? Check out our reviews and see why our customers continue to recommend us to their friends and family.
Warning Signs Your Wiring May Be Faulty
Old or damaged wiring shouldn’t be dismissed or ignored. Look for these warning signs that indicate you need wiring replacement.
- Lights that flicker or go dim
- Frequently blown fuses or breaker trips
- Smoke or strange electrical odors
- Outlets that are discolored due to heat or are hot
If you notice any of these problems or any other electrical related issues, don’t try to repair them yourself! Instead, call in a professional electrical wiring repair service and let them assess the problem and recommend a fix.
Do These Things to Prevent Electrical Fires
A home fire isn’t something anyone wants to deal with, but they do happen. However, you can prevent most home fires -- especially electrical fires -- by following these simple tips.
- Inspect your electrical outlets and make sure they’re not overloaded with adapters and extension cords
- Inspect the wires to your appliances and devices for fraying
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters in your bathroom, kitchen, and outdoors
- Check for loose outlets and wires
- Don’t ignore popping sounds or sparking from the outlets
- Call an electrician immediately if an outlet or wall panel feels hot or is smoking
Performing routine inspection on your electrical outlets and devices may seem like a hassle, but it doesn’t take much time and can alert you to a problem before it gets out of hand. If you have any problem with your home’s electric, no matter how small it might seem, call JDV Electric so we can assess the issue and ensure your family is safe.
Do you need help putting in new light fixtures? Check out our residential electrical services and call us for help!
At JDV Electric, we know how important it is to trust the people who come into your home. That’s why every tech we employ is background checked and 100% drug tested. We’re a family owned business, having served the Lansdowne community since 2005, and we stand proudly on our reputation of honest, dependable, and affordable service.